The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Friday, March 16, 2018

Lake Trek Anniversary

oreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com



Today is the 9th anniversary of my 
first 1,000-mile hike. 
Lake Michigan has been my favorite place my entire life, and in 2009 I decided to get to know it  by walking all the way around it. It was my way of internalizing this special place, to record it in my muscles and bones.

Here are some photos from this amazing journey.


































The book about my walk around Lake Michigan.

Now available on Audible as an audiobook:
HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment